Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Happiest Place on Earth

My trip to Disneyland in October was awesome from the time we left until the time we returned, with warm days, lots of smiles, singing, eating, treats and hugging throughout the days.  I was truly in the "Happiest Place on Earth."  My husband and I were a big surprise to the grandchildren, since they didn't know we were going to join them.  It was funny to see their faces when we said, "Hi."  What joy it is to have little ones love you so much.

Two of the four grandchildren were very brave this trip and rode most of the rides.  I love the excitement and trust they put in me.  My favorite ride was the new Cars.  It took three times of standing in line for 2 hours to finally get on the ride because it kept breaking down.  When we finally got on the ride, it was so fun that it was well worth the wait!

 In addition to visiting Disneyland, my husband and I celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary.  We were married in southern California so we spent some time visiting some of our favorite places.  The beach is one of my most favorite places where I spent a lot of free time when I was younger and have so many good memories.  We splurged and ate special treats (such as frozen bananas) that we cannot get anything as good as them anywhere else.  We visited the church we were married in and down the street we saw our first apartment after our graduation from college.  I guess you could say we had a fabulous week.

I have some pictures to share with you.  I hope you can see some of the relaxing and humorous moments.


Me with the grandsons and Pluto.  My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter was a bit scared to be too close to the characters.


Who's driving?!
My family

I spy a butterfly!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a blast! That is so neat you were able to spend so much time with your family in one place, as well as taking a walk down memory lane with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete