Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Blog Hop

  • Welcome to our second "Blog Hop"!  For those of you who are not aware, a group of my demonstrator friends decided to start a Blog Hop last month, September.  We will do a new Blog Hop each month, so make  sure you check in with us.  Most of us have never been in a blog hop before and are excited to share with all of you.  If you find mistakes, please forgive us and enjoy the idea we are always learning throughout our lifetime, which is half the fun in the journey of life.
  • Below is my share of the Blog Hop.  Have fun viewing my creations and then click on the next blog picture to enjoy all the talented  creations made by some great demonstrators sharing what they love, Stamping!!                                  
  •                                                                                  
 
 
 
 
 

My Night Stampers made this fall card the first week of the month of August.  I showed them the technique in inking the embossing folder (to color the strips) before they ran it through the Big Shot machine.  I love sharing the different ways to use the Stampin Up products to stretch their $ investment.

I showed this card and the brayer technique at a class I had in September.  There several steps to make this card, but my customers were surprise how easy and fast it was to make this card.
 
This is a different look to this technique.  I love how you can change the card by just adding a stamp.  There are so many possibilities to change or add to this card for a different look.  I am always challenged in making decisions in picking the final materials for the finish look.  
 
 
This is a good card for an introducing class in stamping 101 class.  I will be teaching a class at the community center this next month and I think I will have the students make this card because it is an easy and quick card to make.  I love the fall season and all the colors we see in the leaves on the trees around us.  Red and Yellow are my favorite colors and so it is easy for me to use them in the creation.
 
I hope you like the above cards.  Check back this week to see my Fall Banner and Wreath.
By clicking the Blog Hop picture Next below, you will see the other demonstrators ideas.  I always like to see what Sherry, Debra and Nichole will share, as well as the other demonstrators on the  hop.
See you soon and have a great day in your life.  Remember, we can change situations by the way we think and act.                                                                                                                                            
 

If you need to go back to see Sherry's or Debra's Blog, click below.
To see the list of demonstrators in this blog scroll down and check out the list.


OCTOBER 1 Blog Hop

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:

1.         Stampin’ Grandma (Sherry)http://stampingrandma.blogspot.com

2.         The Flying Stamper (Deb)http://flyingstamper.blogspot.com

3.         Olivia Loves to Stamp (Olivia)/http://oliviastamps.blogspot.com/

4.         Scrappy Stamps and Ink (Nichole)www.scrappystampsandink.blogspot.com

5.         Stamping with Pearl (Pearl) www.stampingwithpearl.blogspot.com

6.         Scrapper Frog’s (Cindy) http://scrapperfrogcindy.blogspot.com

7.         Crafty Tam (Tammy)/http://tamsdigiworld.blogspot.com/

8.         Too Cool Stamping (Angie)http://www.toocoolstamping.com

9.       Stamping Creations with Rachelle (Rachelle) /http://www.stampinwithrachelle.blogspot.com

10.       Simple & Creative Corner (Tina) http://www.thesimpleandcreativecorner.blogspot.com

11.       Stampin with Darla and Sisters (Darla) http://www.stampinwithdarlaandsisters.blogspot.com

Thanks for visiting my blog.  See you soon.
Olivia


10 comments:

  1. Olivia, I love your cards! I especially love the first one, with the ink in the striped embossing folder. I need to use that technique more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your brayered cards are beautiful, Olivia! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects! (Especially the green strips on the "Truly Grateful" card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia, thanks for the reminder of inking the embossing folders before putting in the big shot. I also love your simple but gorgeous fall card at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fall cards, Olivia. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cars, I love how you used the embossing folder to make the stripes. Finding new ways to use things is so fun. Thanks for sharing.

    God Bless
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - lots of beautiful cards and techniques. Thanks so sharing with us. Love the use of embossing folder and inks together.

    ReplyDelete